Sunday, August 29, 2010

First a Brief Rant

So, although London is a fabulous place and I'm grateful that I'm here, I have to rant a bit about my flat. It's awful.

My only drawer space is this tiny nightstand.


The room itself is completely bare, and we're not allowed to hang anything.

The noise from the street, although not a lot, sounds as though the windows are open.
I have to use a key to get to the hall with my bathroom, which is stained quite yellow.
My bed is the most uncomfortable place I've ever slept.


Some optimism:
My roommates are great.
My flat mates are great.
The kitchen is cute.
I have two good size windows that look up at the street.
I can buy a new pillow and a mattress topper for my bed.
There is a shelf to put my things on in the bathroom.
The room came with a bedside lamp.
I get to shop at an adorable little grocery store.
The British Museum is 2 blocks away.
I'M IN LONDON.

No comments:

Post a Comment