Sunday, August 29, 2010

Now that that's over...

I'm here! After an 8 hour flight plus an hour long tube ride and some confusion plus a little assistance from a friendly old man, I arrived at my flat (as they're called in London). As you can see from my previous post, I'm less than impressed with my accommodations but that is ok. The point is, I'M IN LONDON!!! 

Now, I've only been here for two days, one of which was taken up a bit with traveling and unpacking but I have done a few things. 

Last night, my flat mates and I went out to a pub to grab dinner and celebrate our arrival. It's a neat place, it looks like a pub that one would imagine if they were to picture an English pub. It is located just a few blocks from our flat and is popular with the local university students. 
(pardon the less than fantastic quality of this photo, nighttime is not the best for taking outdoor shots with my camera)

They serve enormous burgers and fries there as I found out. I think next time I will try one of their traditional English meat pies. They looked really good. 

Today we all accidentally slept until noon, seriously, my alarm didn't go off, so we got a late start. After stocking up our kitchen at the local grocery store (pictures to come later) we decided to head to a market near Regents Park. It was a long walk but there is a festival going on this weekend that has caused long delays in the tube lines so we chose to just make the trek on foot. The market was pretty neat but full of mostly cheap items. I took the time to enjoy my surroundings instead of shopping. 

That's all for now. Cheerio! 

No comments:

Post a Comment